October 29, 2018 09:30
Evening-annual benefit of WICC Quebec for the benefit of the canadian cancer Society | Photo : Mélissa Vincelli
The Gala 2018 of WICC Quebec, which was held last Thursday 25 October, has provided $ 145 000 $ to the canadian cancer Society to support its research efforts in the fight against this scourge. This is a record for the Gala, which was in its 10th edition.
The Gala was hosted 411 persons, ” 53 more allies than last year “, said proudly the co-chair of the evening, Jean-Bertrand, senior vice president of Chubb Quebec, accompanied by Samir Hasbani, director of Opta Intelligence Informationnelle, and the other co-chair of the evening.
Since 2008, the efforts of employees of 16 businesses and organizations of the insurance industry in Quebec only raised 720 000 $ for cancer research. At the canadian level, WICC has allowed it to pay$ 14.7 Million to the fight against cancer. WICC, based in Ontario that is 22 years old, now has support groups across Canada.
In addition to the gala, WIIC Québec has support through various industry organizations. Mr. Bertrand has made the review. These initiatives have helped raise$19,000.
- TheAssociation of risk managers in the insurance of Québec , which organizes an annual Pub Quiz that has collected 1 $ 850 in April;
- TheAssociation of insurance women of Montreal has raised 4 100 $ during the annual fundraiser in February;
- Francine Pilon, herself a cancer survivor, has mobilised his colleagues from Wawanesa for Relay for life : 4 114 $ have been raised.
- Opta Intelligence Informationnelle, Indemnipro , and RMS have also held a walk Relay for life. 2 603 $ have been collected.
- Dean Grigoruk, the spouse of Julie Richard, has donated $ 5,000 u.s. to his employer CNA.